Sunday, September 27, 2009
Reflection #1
I oberved a 1st grade class recently. They had an Interactive Board and a camera that showed up on the Interactive Board. There was lots of the students' work on the walls; it was great! They are SO cute! They are also at the beginning stages of learning to be a student. I can see myself teaching this grade; we'll see where I end up. I learned a lot; how to transition from lesson to lesson, little techniques of communicating with the students in a way to not lose their attention and keep them on task. I look forward to my next observation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats so great! I personal love first grade too. All those little things from your observations that you see will become very useful once you start to make lessons and present them as well as teach them. You will be more aware of the little details that make the lesson go smooth.
ReplyDeleteHow fun. Just think soon you will be the teacher and NU students (well depending on where you teach) may be observing you and writing about you in their blog! I love to see your excitment for teaching and learning. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI really like the document cameras. I think they are really helpful for teachers. this way they can put a book (or any object) under the camera for the class to view. I remember in the old days teachers would have to have a special "overhead sheet" to put on the overhead projecter. The document camera makes things much easier.
ReplyDelete