Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Beginning of Semester Reflection

I believe technology in any grade level classroom should be informed of the technology that is available, and classrooms/teachers should have the ability of including new technology to enhance their classrooms learning environment.

The role technology can and is playing in K-12 classrooms is boundless. As technology in society is continually advancing, so should the technology in the classroom. Children are becoming more and more aware of what is available to them technology wise, and they're becoming more and more "experts" in technology. Educators need to reinforce what children are already learning greatly from and apply it to their teaching in the classroom; for example, facebook, blogs, podcasts, computers, audio recordings, wiki, etc.

In this new era, and my soon to be life as a teacher, I should be aware of the usefulness of technology and how it can enhance the learning about any subject I plan on teaching.

I'm so eager to be a teacher. I want to encourage any dreams my students have; dreams of going to the moon, being President, or owning a bakery. I look forward to bringing these dreams to life for my students, and using technology as an tool for my students' dreams to become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment