As long as I remember I've wanted to become a teacher. I want to influence my students' lives. The main reason that has pushed me into becoming a teacher is the fact that I struggled in Elementary. More specifically I struggled in math. I hated not understanding, being the last one to "get" concepts, and I hated feeling stupid. I don't want my students to have the same feelings and experiences that I went through. I want to help my students understand, and feel smart about themselves.
Ideally, I would love to teach 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are great motivations for being a teacher! I struggled in school too and still have to work very hard to get good grades to this day! I think that since we struggled in school it will give us insight and understanding for our students that are struggling and know how to better help them.
ReplyDelete