Creating HTML was fun and a bit tedious. However, I now feel I'm more of a "computer techy" because I know HTML. :o) Knowing a little HTML is good when you do need it, but since we now have websites like Webs.com or Weebly, people don't need to know HTML as much. I thought it was cool how I could control what colors I wanted and actually hands-on design my own website. Instead of picking a selection of formats and colors that were all ready created by people.
Creating a website at Webs.com was fun as well. They had fun layouts and it is definitely a handy tool for a teacher to communicate information to parents, the principle, and the community. Maybe I'll even be able to use this website for my real class someday. I look forward to adding more information on it. It's a little difficult when I don't have a real class, with real information, but it's still fun making things up for now.
Mrs. Burch's Website
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with you about the HTML. I like knowing some (and I feel like a techy too :) but I would definitely not want to create a whole website with it. Like you, I did like that I could control everything, but wibsites like Webs and Weebly are so much more practical. I hope to be able to use the website for my future classroom too. When I was playing around with it in class, I kept wishing that I had something real to put on it... making stuff up is fun, but I can't wait until I have a class of my own!
ReplyDeleteI would have to agree with you about your feelings on html. I liked that I could control certian things on html and not follow a design. I went to your website and i really liked the templete you used. I made a website but I used weebly instead and i really like it but it seems that your's is more custom...which is a good thing
ReplyDelete