Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Reflection #6
I was just thinking how many teaching opportunities we have outside the classroom. To take your class for a walk, you can point out the different leaves, trees, the animals that may live inside the trees, the animals in the woods or that live near by, the ivy that grows on the tree, the sky, clouds, sun, rain, snow, then expand, what is snow, where does rain come from...etc. I can think of lots more, but my point is, I think it's important to have interactive learning experiences like this, and it's good to get kids excited about the world around them, (especially these days) so they don't get sucked into TV, videogames, computer games, etc. Let's raise up environmentalists, scientists of all types, astronauts, people that will change the world for the better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment