Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Reflection #2
I was at a womens prayer group yesterday, there was a lady who works with students with special needs. She was talking about how great they are and the joy they have. She mentioned one student, who has DS remembered who she was, and it had been a year since they interacted. For a while now I've thought about getting certified to teach Special Needs after college, and last night when I was hearing how she enjoyed it so much, it got me thinking more about teaching them. I think I have the patience and the compassion to do it. We'll see where God sends me, but I'll definitely be praying about this possibility during this next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was considering the same thing. I have worked with a little boy with cerebral palsy for nine years and absolutely love it! He is such a sweet heart. He is very intelligent, he is just trapped in a body that limits his ability. I hope I can work with more children with special needs in the future.
ReplyDelete