Uses of Word, Excel & PowerPoint:
Word:
- Write all types of formats, like articles, resumes, essays, research papers, calendars, etc.
- Can do research
- Dictionary
- Thesaurus
- Spell Check
- Creates tables
- Different shapes available
- Clip Art
- Can e-mail documents
- Word count
- Different languages available
Excel:
- Pie charts
- Columns
- Scatter plots
- Organizes finances
- Calculates your work
- Different math formulas available
Powerpoint:
- Creates presentations
- Has slide animations and sounds
- Has a slide timer
- Can narrate slides
- Can insert movies and sounds
- Has charts
- Photo albums
- Many background designs
- Tables
One project I could do to help my students learn PowerPoint, is to have them create a few slides. On each slide, ask them to use a new feature of PowerPoint, either a new animation, or the use of a chart or diagram, or a new sound for something. Then on the last slide, combine all the features that were used.
Another project I can do is have the students create slides about their families. In doing this, I can have the students pick a feature they do not know so well, and incorporate it in their presentation. I can teach them about the narration tool and have them incorporate this feature as well.
Lastly, I can have the students gather a few statistics around the classroom, like "Favorite Type of Cookie" or "Color of Hair" and then ask the students to use the pre-made diagrams available for data use. Then enter one statistic per slide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment