K12 Online Conference: Connecting Classrooms Across Continents
I learned to communicate expectations upfront with the partnering teacher.
- Create a homebase for collaborating the project together.
- Break down project into different steps and stages.
- Determine assessments at the end of each stage.
- Provide a way for the students to communicate with the students across the world.
- Include tools for the project like: wikis, blogs, Skype, podcasts, Flikr, voicethred& google apps.
- Wikis: wetpaint, wikispaces, pbwiki, media wiki
- Blogs: wordpress, edublogs, blogger
Project Wiki: http://thereadingconnection.wikispaces.com/
Presentation resources: http://globallyconnectedproj.wikispaces.com/
Voice Thread of Essential Questions: http://voicethread.com/share/222585
Tips: Keep communication building, combine & reuse tools, start small, remove barriers before project.
I enjoyed hearing about connecting with other classrooms across the world. Imagine the possibilities! I definitely would love to try something like this with my future classroom. Both classrooms could learn so much about another culture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment