Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reflection #2 of Part II

Testing Students in Washington State

I was looking around in the OSPI website and was curious about the new state wide test that was created.

I learned about the test for 3-8 grade is called the Measurements of Students Progress (MSP) test.
The test for high school is called High School Proficiency Exam (HSPE).

The MSP test section said this, "The dates for testing in spring 2010 are May 12-28 for paper-and-pencil and May 3-June 4 for online testing in grades 6-8 in reading and math."
I heard that it was all online, but I guess just part of the test is online, and the online part is only for 6-8 in reading and math.

There is also now a separate test for students with special needs, which I think is such a great idea and I'm surprised they didn't think of this when the WASL was still going on.
Also, I didn't know there was a guidline called, "Washington State’s Accommodations Guidelines for Students with Disabilities. Before I thought students with special needs, who took the WASL were left to fend for themselves and somehow take the WASL the best they could, no matter their disability.

Anyways, I thought this all was quite interesting, and definitely important for us future teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment